Thursday 8 December 2011

Feeding therapy - Day 3

No therapy today as it's a national holiday in Austria to celebrate the 'Feast of the Immaculate Conception'. Instead we decided to stay at home and sleep, clean and eat.

Sleeping went well, we didn't wake up until at least 7 although we stayed in bed and relaxed relaxed relaxed. Oskar, Lilian and I even managed to grab a few minutes later in the day. I don't think Mette caught us although I'm not sure who took the photo!

Ssshhh...don't tell mum we had a quick nap whilst she put the washing out.

Cleaning was much needed as the kids are going through clothes like no tomorrow. Bear in mind during the play picnics there are no rules so if Lilian wants to pour custard all over the place then she can and she certainly has taken advantage so far.

Custard.

The eating is different to last week. Lilian is putting more food to her mouth now and mimicking what Mette and I do. This evening I had a sour lemon drink and thought Lilian might like the taste. A dipped finger went down quite well and she smiled. I put some in the lid from the bottle and dipped my finger again this time sucking my own finger. Lilian immediately put her finger in the lid and did the same. Numerous times. To me this is good progress. Oskar just pulled a 'lemon baby' face....hahaha.

Lilian and Oskar teaching each other how to drink.
Tomorrow is busy. We start at 9 and have a full day of occupational therapy, physio, music therapy and speech and language plus the play picnic. We're excited to get back into it and also to show the staff some of Lilian's new tricks. Mette is going to post something soon with a more technical description of the feeding process so other families with similar problems can understand what stage Lilian is at currently. Now I'm off to figure out how to get the iPlayer working on the iPad so we can catch up on 'Enders.

No comments: